We are seeking to hire a top Senior Backend Java Developer to join our software development team to help us develop further our embedded banking and payments platform. This is a great opportunity for the right candidate and comes with an attractive package and including stock options. The selected candidate can work from Malta, UK, or remotely in other countries with CET +/- 1 hr time difference.
The Senior Backend Java Developer will help deliver innovative technologies that make integrating banking and payments services as simple, flexible and accessible as any other API. As a small team, we aim to be agile and deliver solutions for our customers in a fast and efficient manner. Our platform is already being used by early customers, and as part of our development team you will work on the many enhancements we have planned. With your expertise and experience in engineering solutions for complex problems, you will help shape the future platform and continuously raise the bar for
embedded banking and payments.
Your experience and background:
- 7+ years of experience in a similar role.
- Great at communicating ideas and working in a team.
- A Java guru, with extensive knowledge and experience of associated technologies such as the Spring framework.
- Advanced knowledge of software design patterns.
- Experience with microservice based architectures, and related tools and technologies such as Spring Boot, REST (both implementing and consuming), and Kafka (or similar message broker technologies such as RabbitMQ).
- Additional experience in any of the following would be awesome: Micronaut, reactive programming, MongoDB, Redis, jOOQ, Flyway.
- Keen on best engineering practices.
- Prior experience with Docker would be great.
Benefits of working at Weavr:
A good remuneration package shall be provided to the candidate with the right skillset. The package shall include a base salary, performance bonus, and the opportunity for shares. All employees enjoy a very flexible work environment that supports work-life balance. We pride ourselves in being a diverse workforce, each bringing onboard a variety of skills and talent.
We are unashamedly geeky. We prefer smart to big. We don’t see borders and barriers, we see connections and bridges. We are dedicated to helping ‘makers’ of all size or stripe succeed. The community of makers that we’re empowering is big and diverse, so there’s place for all types in our team – but it’s a team. What matters are our values: create value through simplification, be accessible and collaborative, and be open to change. That’s as true of our products as it is of how we work.
Commitment to diversity & inclusion
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability. We are a diverse and inclusive team and we actively seek to recruit people with different backgrounds and experiences.