Weavr is a platform that provides everything digital innovators need to build and run embedded banking solutions for their applications.
Financial services are always a means to another end: to buy the stuff you need or want, to bridge the gap between paying and getting paid, to get peace of mind in a risky world, etc. A new breed of digital applications start with the end in mind and integrate the required financial services as part of their solution: rather than asking customers to go to the bank, they bring the bank to their customers. This trend is called embedded banking.
Embedded banking is a hot space today, but it is complex and expensive for digital businesses to incorporate into their products and services. Weavr is changing that by making it easy and quick for any innovator to design, build and run embedded banking solutions that are a perfect fit for what they need in their application. Weavr’s approach is to simplify the process enough to deliver all this online, and in many cases, purely through self-service.
This Site Reliability Engineer role is centred around managing the infrastructure of our platform, as well as implement best practices for the teams supporting our platform. As a member of our team, you will apply your expertise in all aspects of technical operations and manage release management through automation and provide high system reliability to our development teams including delivering improvements to our build and release efficiency. We have an increased focus on quality, reliability and performance, as well as scalability.
- Implement and optimise build processes, build/release (CI/CD) pipelines, and aim to allow any member of an agile team to deploy software or configuration without causing downtime.
- Automate everything – Workflow and tool automation – such as deployments of distributed applications and infrastructure using various technologies.
- Able to analyse, diagnose and permanently solve issues of efficiency, performance and scale relating to both application and system performance.
- Set up and maintain environments, and monitor through automation.
- Optimise existing systems for scalability and build multi-cloud multi-region environments.
Your experience and background:
Early stage businesses like Weavr need resourceful, intelligent and high-energy people who are flexible at doing what needs to be done. We are open to talk to a range of candidates, but we’d expect you to tick off the essentials, a few of the preferred criteria:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar field
- 3+ years of experience in a similar role
- Hands-on experience in designing and implementing multi/hybrid cloud solutions on Google Cloud and AWS
- Experience with configuration management tools (Ansible / Puppet / Salt)
- Excellent knowledge of Kubernetes and automated deployment tools
- Working with Infrastructure as Code (Terraform / Pulumi)
- Basic knowledge of Database systems (MySQL, Mongo, Redis)
- Implementing CI pipelines in Gitlab
- Experience with basic scripting (Bash, Python, Go)
- Basic knowledge of GitOps Methodology
- Good understanding of the software development process
- Prior experience with Docker
- Security best practices and working in PCI Environments.
Place of Work
Presently our team is concentrated around London and Malta but we expect to have presence in other capitals in Europe. We often work remotely but have face-to-face meetings from time to time. As long as you have access to good quality broadband, a strong remote work ethic, able to work during European working times, and can easily travel to European capitals (where we’re most likely to meet in person), then you can be based wherever.
Why Join Weavr
We have just raised funding from leading VCs associated with Fintech and the Digital Ecosystem: Tiger, Anthemis, Headline, QED Investors and Seedcamp. We are now just starting on the next step of the journey: delivering product-market fit in one or two markets within Europe before we scale in these markets and extend to other markets and geographies.
By joining now, you will be at the early stages of an exciting journey that will be tough, but also highly rewarding personally and professionally.
A good remuneration package shall be provided to the candidate with the right skillset. All employees enjoy a very flexible work environment that supports work-life balance. We pride ourselves in being a diverse workforce, each bringing onboard a variety of skills and talent.
We are unashamedly geeky. We prefer smart to big. We don’t see borders and barriers, we see connections and bridges. We are dedicated to helping ‘makers’ of all size or stripe succeed. The community of makers that we’re empowering is big and diverse, so there’s place for all types in our team – but it’s a team. What matters are our values: create value through simplification, be accessible and collaborative, and be open to change. That’s as true of our products as it is of how we work.
Commitment to diversity & inclusion
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability. We are a diverse and inclusive team and we actively seek to recruit people with different backgrounds and experiences.