We are currently looking to hire a Product Engineering Lead who will help one of our Product Engineering teams discover and deliver strong solutions, driving the team to perform to their best, leading the way in technical decisions and approaches, best agile and engineering practices, relentless improvement to deliver better and faster, and ultimately delight our customers.
- Works collaboratively as part of a cross-functional product engineering team while actively participating and contributing to Agile events as appropriate.
- Supports product discovery and is explicitly responsible, in conjunction with Solution Architects, to help the Product Manager and the team discover strong solutions.
- Supports product delivery by building, testing and releasing production quality software utilizing best engineering practices.
- Explicitly owns delivery from a technical perspective within their team.
- Takes ownership and responsibility of the technical architecture of the team’s deliverables.
- Liaises with the Product Manager and other stakeholders, negotiating requirements and outlining proposals for new system behaviour, including benefits, limitations and risks, as well as mitigations for the latter.
- Ensures that technical decisions related to the team’s deliverables are aligned with the requirements of the business, and satisfy the requirements of all stakeholders.
- Actively contributes to and oversees implementation of the architecture of the team’s deliverables. The individual is expected to contribute to the actual coding of the deliverables.
- Assists in the evaluation and establishment of team standards for software engineering processes.
- Drives and actively contributes towards the establishment, measurement and relentless improvement of key metrics within their team.
- Recommends and implements ideas to improve processes and engineering team efficiency and output; assists in developing and executing automation strategies and processes.
- Handles people management responsibilities for the Software Engineers working on their team, such as onboarding, holding regular 1-1’s, providing continuous performance feedback, and enabling team and individual growth from onboarding to ongoing learning and development.
- Advises on and assists with hiring and performance management.
Your experience and background:
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
- Very good communication & presentation abilities, and able to communicate complex technical concepts, ideas and solutions to a broad range of audiences.
- Ensures clarity and visibility for all stakeholders into work being done at all times.
- Ability to influence others and identify best solutions among many stakeholders.
- A technical mindset with great attention to detail and strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- A team player with demonstrated initiative.
- High quality organizational and team leadership skills that focus on inspiration and influence.
- Bachelor's degree in CS/Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 8+ years of hands-on experience developing enterprise level software applications, including building distributed, microservice-style and cloud-based application architectures.
- A Java guru, with extensive knowledge and experience of associated technologies such as the Spring framework.
- Strong foundations and experience in XP, test-driven development including unit, application and integration testing, pair programming, continuous integration, continuous delivery, and related techniques.
- Lead complex programming tasks and perform code reviews.
- Good understanding of software quality assurance principles with a passion for quality, and knowledge of what it takes to ship high quality code.
- Dedicated to speed of delivery without compromising quality.
- Hands-on experience designing and architecting software solutions.
- Good knowledge of software and application design and architecture patterns, and modeling methods such as UML.
- Ability to conceptualize end-to-end system components across a wide range of technologies and translate into architectural design patterns for implementation.
- Proven ability to design for ""ilities"" across distributed systems (scalability, security, reusability, maintainability, extensibility, testability, reliability, etc.).
- Ability to grasp and quickly become productive in an existing design.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to context switch while still delivering on commitments.
- Passion for understanding, following industry trends, and how those trends can influence the company.
Benefits of working at Weavr:
A good remuneration package shall be provided to the candidate with the right skillset. The package shall include a base salary, performance bonus, and the opportunity for share options. All employees enjoy a very flexible work environment that supports work-life balance. We pride ourselves in being a diverse workforce, each bringing onboard a variety of skills and talent.
We are unashamedly geeky. We prefer smart to big. We don’t see borders and barriers, we see connections and bridges. We are dedicated to helping ‘makers’ of all size or stripe succeed. The community of makers that we’re empowering is big and diverse, so there’s place for all types in our team – but it’s a team. What matters are our values: create value through simplification, be accessible and collaborative, and be open to change. That’s as true of our products as it is of how we work.
Commitment to diversity & inclusion
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability. We are a diverse and inclusive team and we actively seek to recruit people with different backgrounds and experiences.