The Banking Operations Officer shall support the implementation and design of new banking services as we expand our offering across partners, as well as help with the day-to-day requirements of current ongoing business. This role provides the successful candidate the opportunity to work in a cross functional environment and gain exposure across product, technology and compliance, all of which help enable Weavr’s solution to its clients.
- Support the Banking team in managing the day to day relationship with Weavr’s partner financial institutions. Be the central point of contact for all transactional, operational and other queries originating from Weavr’s clients and requiring resolution from the banking partner.
- Assist the banking team in its objective of managing existing relationships and establishing new ones with banking providers. The activities range from treasury and safeguarding of customer funds, to completing due diligence with new financial partners.
- Contribute to the implementation and design of any ongoing or new projects.
- Help with the pricing and reconciliation of different provider costs.
- Assist in managing and tracking large and complex projects which enable delivery of banking services to our clients. Provide regular update to internal stakeholders in relation to upcoming changes.
- Work closely with other teams, including Product and Engineering to come up with industry leading products & solutions.
- Support the finance operations team when necessary with daily tasks in relation to monitoring and settlement processing.
Your experience and background:
Early-stage businesses like Weavr need resourceful, and proactive individuals who are flexible at doing what needs to be done. It’s essential for all the team to be hands-on, able to work independently on their own initiative and to operate in a flexible manner. The ideal candidate would have all of the following criteria, and a few of the preferred:
- Degree in Finance, Accounting, Banking, Business and Computing or equivalent.
- Proficiency in the use of MS excel.
- Excellent command of verbal, written and interpersonal communication in English
- 3 years+ experience in a similar Payments or Banking related role.
- Good understanding of financial services and the technology that underpins it.
- Proven ability to partner, communicate and manage/navigate through multiple disciplines and organizational groups. Excellent interpersonal skills to collaborate across functions/geographies.
- A solution-oriented, result-driven individual who is proactive and capable of working independently, as well as working in a team.
- Experience in working with Visa and Mastercard especially in scheme costs will be considered an advantage.
- Any experience in Treasury and/or Safeguarding requirements.
- Understanding in Dispute Management and resolution.
- Some technical knowledge of APIs and databases queries.
- High level understanding of UK and European regulations applicable to EMI's in the issuing and payments business.
- Working knowledge of how EMI's work with other financial and non-financial institutions (issuers, processors, card schemes, KYC/transaction monitoring solution providers) to enable its products.
Benefits of working at Weavr
A good remuneration package shall be provided to the candidate with the right skillset. The package shall include a base salary and performance bonus. All employees enjoy a very flexible work environment that supports work-life balance. We pride ourselves in being a diverse workforce, each bringing onboard a variety of skills and talent.
We are unashamedly geeky. We prefer smart to big. We don’t see borders and barriers, we see connections and bridges. We are dedicated to helping ‘makers’ of all size or stripe succeed. The community of makers that we’re empowering is big and diverse, so there’s place for all types in our team – but it’s a team. What matters are our values: create value through simplification, be accessible and collaborative, and be open to change. That’s as true of our products as it is of how we work.
Commitment to diversity & inclusion
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability. We are a diverse and inclusive team and we actively seek to recruit people with different backgrounds and experiences.