The company has offices in Malta and the UK, and the successful candidate will be based in our Malta office. The Financial & Banking Operations role will report to the Chief Finance Officer. Whilst working closely with the CFO and senior management, you will be responsible for interfacing with Finance, Product and Technology to understand the business objectives and goals, determine the requirements and translate them into features & functionalities that can be easily implemented. You will collaborate cross-functionally with multiple teams, including Finance, Banking, Compliance and Product on interchange and scheme fee changes, analyses and reporting. Your role will also include supporting and implementing critical banking, card scheme and other financial services initiatives, which will include integrating new financial services partners and managing operational finance processes end-to-end across funding, issuing, lending and BIN sponsorship partnerships.
- Operations Expertise: Define, document and advise on operational procedures and controls related to all financial and card operations (across all life cycles)
- Implementation / Project Planning: Develop detailed project plans to prepare and lead implementations of new banking partners, card schemes and any related projects
- Treasury: Coordinate and manage critical funds flows and other back-office operations with the finance department on accounting and treasury processes. This role will act as the key stakeholder with regards to regulatory obligations on client funds (safeguarding).
- Stakeholder Relationship Management: Build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including card schemes, card processors, issuing partners and other financial services providers
- Card Schemes / Banking / Financial Services: Be responsible for all aspects of interchange and scheme fees mapping and monitoring, including business case, impact analysis and development for new and existing fees updates
- Defining Objectives & KPIs: Provide accurate and detailed forecasting, as well as relevant progress reporting to internal and external stakeholders.
Experience and Profile
The Financial & Banking Operations role must have a background in payments, banking and/or financial services industry, with proven experience on banking, interchange and scheme fee pricing. The ideal candidate will have deep analytical knowledge and expertise on all major schemes (i.e. Visa/Mastercard/American Express), including the ability to set up and implement new programs across multiple markets and geographies. Also critical will be experience in integrating new banking, payments, lending and other partners providing financial services. The role requires a can-do attitude – someone who not only follows procedures, but is also able to develop new processes in a fast-paced environment with efficiency and business enablement in mind.
Weavr is a startup. Early stage businesses like Weavr need resourceful, intelligent and high-energy people who are flexible at doing what needs to be done. In a small business, it’s essential for everyone to be hands-on, able to handle ambiguity and to operate with limited resources.
Key requirements are:
- 5+ years of hands-on financial operations experience in banking, payments, lending and/or card issuing/acquiring, including leading financial services partner integration projects
- Deep understanding of card schemes, including industry expertise in interchange, scheme fees, PCI compliance and other related fees
- Deep understanding of safeguarding, financial risk, treasury and the required regulatory requirements for an EMI-regulated business
- Strong experience leading, influencing and managing communications with internal and external stakeholders of all seniority levels to achieve business outcomes in a collaborative manner
- Strong commercial mindset to solutionise with both internal and external stakeholders to enable business and unlock growth opportunities
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written (English required), with the ability to confidently discuss technical requirements/needs whilst understanding the business impact and outcomes needed with both internal and external stakeholders
- Strong attention to detail, critical thinking, research & problem-solving skills and analytical skills
- Ability to balance business priorities and work under pressure whilst adhering to tight deadlines
- Ability to train and mentor colleagues as the business grows
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a quantitative or technical discipline such as accounting, finance or computer science
- Strong Microsoft Excel and database (MySQL) skills
- Experience working with B2C/B2B SaaS or software technology businesses is a plus
Place of Work
Presently, our team is concentrated around London, Berlin, Lisbon and Malta but we expect to have presence in other capitals in Europe. We often work remotely, but have face to face meetings from time to time. The Financial & Banking Operations role for Weavr (Europe) must be based in Malta and may be need to travel to other offices within the Group as and when required.
Benefits of working at Weavr
A good remuneration package shall be provided to the candidate with the right skillset. The package shall include a base salary, performance bonus, and the opportunity for share options. All employees enjoy a very flexible work environment that supports work-life balance. We pride ourselves in being a diverse workforce, each bringing onboard a variety of skills and talent.
We are unashamedly geeky. We prefer smart to big. We don’t see borders and barriers, we see connections and bridges. We are dedicated to helping ‘makers’ of all sizes or stripes succeed. The community of makers that we’re empowering is big and diverse, so there's a place for all types in our team – but it’s a team. What matters are our values: create value through simplification, be accessible and collaborative, and be open to change. That’s as true of our products as it is of how we work.
Commitment to diversity & inclusion
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability. We are a diverse and inclusive team and we actively seek to recruit people with different backgrounds and experiences.